click here for .wav (Windows)
click here for .aif (Apple)
running time 00:51
My goal for the Found Audio project was to portray my overwhelming thoughts of my future. I begin the audio with a classroom lecture (sound09) to set up the location of where I’m at while I am thinking about my future. Towards the end of the lecture clip I drop the pitch and fade it out into a meditative deep bass noise, which came from dropping the pitch and the speed of sound02, to display a transition from reality mode into daydream mode. Then, as the meditative sound begins to fade out I fade in a spinning effect that shifts back and forth between pan left and pan right. The spinning effect was gained by taking the revving car from sound15 and adding the wahwah effect and slightly dropping the pitch. The meditative noise was taken out because now the daydream is shifting from a relaxing meditative tone to an anxious overwhelming feel. As the spinning effect continues sound03 fades in and is panned to the right. Bits and pieces of the microphone scratching on sound06 are panned to the right and jump in randomly on top of sound03 to add extra noise. Overlaying those two sounds was an attempt to overwhelm the listener with various sounds. As each sound continues overlapping, the horns from sound15 fade in from the left with an increased tempo in hopes of adding anxiety to the piece. I end it by reintroducing the lecture (sound09) at a higher noise level as if I was jerked out of my daydream and back to reality. The pan tool was used exclusively for the daydream sequence because I want the listener to feel the noises going back and forth through their head like the intricate thoughts that bounce around my mind as I contemplate all the possibilities my future might hold.
Friday, October 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment